In August 2006, MCP invested in Earth Fare, Inc., a supermarket operator providing all-natural, organic, premium and specialty foods and products in the southeastern United States. The Company's stores average 25,000 square feet and target smaller geographies with an affluent and educated customer base. Capitalizing on organic food sector growth of approximately 20% annually, the Company is well-positioned to benefit from consumers' shifting preference for better and healthier food and consumer product options. While its most compelling competitors are clearly focused on larger markets, the Company has demonstrated an ability to open profitable new stores in smaller, underserved markets, relying on strong store-level economics to create value throughout the chain.
In April 2012, Oak Hill Capital parnters acquired approximately 80% interest in Earth Fare from Monitor Clipper Partners.
- 4/9/12 - Oak Hill Capital Partners Acquires Earth Fare from Monitor Clipper Partners
- 2/13/11 - Earth Fare Opens New Montgomery Location February 16
- 1/24/11 - Earth Fare Is Giving Your Pantry A FREE Makeover
- 1/17/11 - Kids Eat Free at Earth Fare Every Thursday
- 12/12/10 - Earth Fare Opens Tallahassee Location December 15
- 3/10/11 - Earth Fare to Open May 12 in Huntsville
- 6/20/10 - Earth Fare to Open New Auburn, Alabama Location June 23
- 8/18/06 - Earth Fare Gets New Investment Partner
- 8/3/06 - Earth Fare Announces That It Has Received a Significant Equity Investment from Monitor Clipper Partners in Conjunction With the Recapitalization of the Business…