CMC is a contract manufacturing organization ("CMO") of biopharmaceutical products that provides its customers with a full range of services for both mammalian cell culture and microbial fermentation processes. The company, which is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, serves customers ranging from start-ups to the largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. MCP purchased a controlling interest in CMC in February 2008. Concurrent with MCP's investment, CMC acquired Bothell, Washington-based ICOS biologics, a CMO formerly owned by Eli Lilly & Co. This acquisition expands the company's capacity and broadens CMC's suite of offerings to its customers.
- 6/24/2011 - CMC Biologics Expands its Production Facility and Rebrands its Corporate Identity
- 5/02/2011 - CMC Biologics Announces Appointment of New CEO
- 7/9/2010 - Edimer Pharmaceuticals and CMC Biologics Announce Agreement to Manufacture EDI200 Recombinant Protein
- 8/24/2010 - CMC Biologics Completes First Stage of Expansion with Addition of Single-Use Facility
- 7/27/2010 - ProtAffin AG Signs Manufacturing Contract for PA401 with CMC Biologics A/S
- 2/29/08 - CMC Biologics completes a financing round with Monitor Clipper