Merrick Pet Care is a vertically-integrated manufacturer and marketer of super premium pet food and treats under both the Merrick and Castor & Pollux brands. Merrick, which acquired MCP portfolio company Castor & Pollux in 2012, offers a variety of branded product lines, including the flagship Merrick brand, Organix, Natural Ultramix, Whole Earth Farms, and Good Buddy dog treats. Merrick products are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, Petsmart, natural grocery stores (including Whole Foods), and online.
In September, 2015, Merrick was sold to Nestlé Purina.
- 4/16/12 - Merrick Pet Care, Inc. Acquires Castor & Pollux Natural PetWorks; Expands Further Into 'Super Premium' Pet Food Segment
- 2/1/11 - Castor & Pollux Natural PetWorks Brands Get a Fresh New Look
- 1/11/11/- Castor & Pollux Teams up with Oregon Humane Society
- 12/2/10 - Castor & Pollux Pet Works names new CEO, VP of Sales/Marketing
- 7/21/10 - Castor & Pollux Launches Natural Ultramix Line in Natural Grocery