CMC is a contract manufacturing organization ("CMO") of biopharmaceutical products that provides its customers with a full range of services for both mammalian cell culture and microbial fermentation processes. The company, which is based in Copenhagen, Denmark, serves customers ranging from start-ups to the largest pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. MCP purchased a controlling interest in CMC in February 2008. Concurrent with MCP's investment, CMC acquired Bothell, Washington-based ICOS biologics, a CMO formerly owned by Eli Lilly & Co. This acquisition expands the company's capacity and broadens CMC's suite of offerings to its customers. In the future, MCP will look to leverage Monitor Group's considerable life sciences expertise and biopharmaceutical relationships to support the company's continued growth.
- 6/24/2011 - CMC Biologics Expands its Production Facility and Rebrands its Corporate Identity
- 5/02/2011 - CMC Biologics Announces Appointment of New CEO
- 7/9/2010 - Edimer Pharmaceuticals and CMC Biologics Announce Agreement to Manufacture EDI200 Recombinant Protein
- 8/24/2010 - CMC Biologics Completes First Stage of Expansion with Addition of Single-Use Facility
- 7/27/2010 - ProtAffin AG Signs Manufacturing Contract for PA401 with CMC Biologics A/S
- 2/29/08 - CMC Biologics completes a financing round with Monitor Clipper